[Dixielandjazz] Audience Put downs total misinterpretation again:

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 02:45:40 EDT

In a message dated 23/6/02 04:26:29, AmbassCult@aol.com writes:

<< refered to me as a
punter. >>

Hi Tom,

Maybe the connotation is different in the States but here the expression is
generally used in a friendly manner to refer to paying customers or the 'bums
on seats' so necessary to the well-being of jazz!

I have never been to a Don Rickels and am not too sure who he is but can
imagine as we have enetertainers who work on the audience as well - Dame Edna
Everage for one - and the difference is that if you go to such a show then
you should know what to expect and take the risk of being the butt of the
jokes.

Cheers,

Jerry