[Dixielandjazz] Classic one-liners from party guests and audience

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:57:00 -0500

----------
From: Charlie Hooks <charliehooks@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:46:07 -0500

... Henry [Ford] II ... came weaving and gliding up to the bandstand,
catches my coat, says: "Kin you play 'Up the Lazy Liver'?  I got one..." and
weaves off into the sunset...

The above is a classic! Thanks, Charlie.
Over the years, you've all heard some priceless one-liners from party guests
and audience members making requests. Care to share some of the most
memorable -- outrageous/hilarious/insane? And I'm talking about MUSIC
requests here! However, for my amusement and archival purposes, you lead
players may send, off-list, some of the gems you heard for non-musical
requests. ;)