[Dixielandjazz] cover art

Richard Crockett rcrockett1@houston.rr.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:09:02 -0500

That suggestion to use the digital camera will work even better if you have
a close-up setting.

I use a 14" scanner and, if necessary, reduce or splice to get what I want.
It's my mission to distribute as much obscure music as possible. And I get a
lot in return. My buddy from high school, guitarist Jack Petersen, has sent
me several shoe boxes full of live performance CDs. Usually he and Rich
Matteson and a local (UNT) rhythm section and often including some big-name
clinician like Buddy DeFranco, Doc Sevrinsen, or Dave Pell.

I designed a simple folder using standard 8.5 x 11 paper:
fold #1 three inches from the edge running the long (11") way;
fold #2 at the midpoint 5.5" from either end.
Result = 5.5 x 5.5 pocket folder.
These can be printed prior to folding. Will hold 2 discs. Sometimes I put a
staple in the open corner to keep the discs from falling out.

Two discs, the folder and a 6 x 9 clasp (or catlog) envelope will weigh less
than 3 ozs.

Spread the music!

Dick Crockett
1401 Pinewood Court