[Dixielandjazz] LPs to CDs

Bobngayenewman@aol.com Bobngayenewman@aol.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:11:30 EDT

--part1_11d.12964b41.2a3ceb62_boundary

In a message dated 6/15/02 9:50:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jerrygordon@juno.com writes:

> When I retire in 2 weeks, one of my projects is to transfer a good chunk
> of my ~1800 LPs onto CDs. There's been a lot of previous discussion of
> the audio aspects, but that's not my question (today).
>
> Does anyone have a good way of getting the record jacket info into some
> format that will fit in a CD case?
-----------------------------------
Jerry, my suggestion is -- don't store your CDs in jewel cases. Store them in
a juke box or in CD album books. Scan and print what you want of the LP
jackets at full size (no reduction necessary), and put them in a loose-leaf
binder. Now you have two books -- one for Jacket reproductions, and one for
the CDs. Much simpler and far less space-consuming. Jewel cases are a
terrible way to store CDs.

Bob Newman

--part1_11d.12964b41.2a3ceb62_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 6/15/02 9:50:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jerrygordon@juno.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">When I retire in 2 weeks, one of my projects is to transfer a good chunk<BR>
of my ~1800 LPs onto CDs. There's been a lot of previous discussion of<BR>
the audio aspects, but that's not my question (today).<BR>
<BR>
Does anyone have a good way of getting the record jacket info into some<BR>
format that will fit in a CD case?</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
Jerry, my suggestion is -- don't store your CDs in jewel cases. Store them in a juke box or in CD album books. Scan and print what you want of the LP jackets at full size (no reduction necessary), and put them in a loose-leaf binder. Now you have two books -- one for Jacket reproductions, and one for the CDs. Much simpler and far less space-consuming. Jewel cases are a terrible way to store CDs.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Newman</FONT></HTML>

--part1_11d.12964b41.2a3ceb62_boundary--