[Dixielandjazz] Re: Share Cropping

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 11:09:51 +1000

Dear John;
Re your comment: > One of the tunes on the Sheik's Willard Robison list was
Share Croppin' Blues - I have several Ralph Sutton recordings of this pretty
tune but each one is listed as Share Cropper's Blues.
Should I write to the newspapers about it?<

Don't write to 'The Times' yet, notwithstanding what you read on the Ralph
Sutton J&M CD (Eye Opener) and Storyville CD (Ralph Sutton Trio Vol 2). The Solo
Art reissue of the J&M CD got it right though.
Musicians are the worse source for the misnaming of tunes/songs. CD producers
are the next.  8>)
All my (reliable)sources give the song correctly as " Share Croppin' Blues".
(Willard Robison-Ray Mayer).
Kind regards,
Bill.