[Dixielandjazz] Getting off

Donald Farwell farwell@erols.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:51:26 -0400

I have been a subscriber to DJML almost since the beginning. I am now
trying, reluctantly and unsuccessfully, to get off it.
	The new protocol switched me involuntarily from the digest to the regular
list, with the result that my inbox has been inundated for the past week
with hundreds of messages, mostly of no interest. Following instructions
(email to dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com and put REMOVE on the
subject line) I attempted to unsubscribe. I received an answering message
that REMOVE had been ignored, with the additional intelligence that I could
get help by emailing to dixielandjazz-request@ml.islandnet.com and putting
HELP on the subject line. I did this several days ago but have received no
reply. Another message I received at some point informed me that if I
wished to change my options I would have to use my password (cuucxi). I
sent an email using this password and was informed that the password was
not recognized.
	And there the matter rests. How does one get off this list? Can I appeal
to Saint Peter, and if so what is his email address up yonder?
	BTW, I don't mind listmates knowing my password. Maybe someone can use it
to unsubscribe me.
	Traditionally,
		Don Farwell