[Dixielandjazz] Overlooked tunes

Ron Going rongoing1@earthlink.net
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:39:26 -0500

Hi Stan,
Early Hours came out of the British Trad/Skiffle movement of the 50's. I
believe it was written by the banjo player, Lonnie Donegan. It's a real
blues, quite independent of anything else. Too bad I didn't know you
were unaware of it Sunday as I would have been happy to play it for you.
Gremoli has been doing it from time to time forever it seems.
How did you like the band with Hal smith on Drums? I really think he
takes us to another level.
Best,
Ron