[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coronation

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 03:06:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/02 05:54:34, JimDBB@aol.com writes:

<<  I was hoping to see a parade with lots of military bands and Pomp
and Circumstance, >>

Jim,

The traditional display of pomp etc. takes place this morning when the Queen
travels in the State coach to St. Pauls Cathedral for a service of
thanksgiving followed by lunch and a big carnival in The Mall. They have just
siad on the news that there are around 1 million people in the middle of
London waiting for this!

For you on the west side of the Atlantic I understand the Empire State
Building in New York will be lit in a special way later today.

Actually today is the actual Jubilee celebration day and the concerts of the
past couple of days were by way of warm-ups!

Cheers,

Jerry
Norwich,
U.K.