[Dixielandjazz] Britain's party

James Kashishian dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:48:39 +0200

Say what you like, but the British sure know how to throw a party.  Just
saw the Jubilee happenings live on tv.  The best fireworks I've ever
seen, at least on television.  The Queen even broke out with a few
smiles!!

The music show was fun.  A few flaws with the tv sound, which left some
singers mouthing their words.  Their monitors must have been working,
tho, 'cause they didn't look worried.  Still, pretty good for such a
large event.

There will be those that say it was all pop, but then it is pop music
that has turned the world's attention towards Britain over & over again
during the last 50 years.  And, Phil Collins is such a beast on drums!
Wow!

Jim (I've got a Sky box that fell off the back of a lorry) Kash
And.....if you don't know what THAT means, then you'll just have to ask
a Brit!