[Dixielandjazz] Brian Shanley handles a ruffian

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:43:14 EDT

--part1_c9.230f56eb.2a2d2ee2_boundary

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the messages about Brian.  Tom Cullen called me Sat AM with the
news and Dave Pfankuchan called Sat PM.  I was really shocked as I had just
gone out to dinner with them on Thurs night before Sacto Jubilee.  I visited
with them last year at the Jubilee.  Brian looked good then with a little
weight loss.  This year he looked bad and had trouble walking.  Chemo had
thrown him for a loop, and caused congestive heart problems.  I talked to
Rose Marie while Brian was in the head, and she didn't seem to think his
condition was life threatening.  We had a nice visit, and I am glad I got to
see him.  Still had his sense of humor.

Went to Bunny Berigan this year and was sorry not to see you.

Best regards,

Sam McKay

--part1_c9.230f56eb.2a2d2ee2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Hi Jim,<BR>
<BR>
Thanks for the messages about Brian.&nbsp; Tom Cullen called me Sat AM with the news and Dave Pfankuchan called Sat PM.&nbsp; I was really shocked as I had just gone out to dinner with them on Thurs night before Sacto Jubilee.&nbsp; I visited with them last year at the Jubilee.&nbsp; Brian looked good then with a little weight loss.&nbsp; This year he looked bad and had trouble walking.&nbsp; Chemo had thrown him for a loop, and caused congestive heart problems.&nbsp; I talked to Rose Marie while Brian was in the head, and she didn't seem to think his condition was life threatening.&nbsp; We had a nice visit, and I am glad I got to see him.&nbsp; Still had his sense of humor.<BR>
<BR>
Went to Bunny Berigan this year and was sorry not to see you.<BR>
<BR>
Best regards,<BR>
<BR>
Sam McKay<BR>