[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coronation

john Petters dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:50:32 +0100

Pat said
> Incidentally there is a pop concert for 12000 guests at the Palace on
Monday
> night featuring a collection of rock and roll,garage,hip hop or whatever
> passes for music with the younger set these days. That will be attended by
> Princes Harry and William.
So What!!!
Where is the recognition for British Jazz (or jazz of any description) in
the jubilee revellries? Maybe jazzers are still a subculture. With the
amount of money spent on last nights Classical concert (which was very good)
and the amouut to be frittered on Monday night, I would have thought that a
few crumbs could have been sprinkled in the direction of some jazz events.
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
WWW.Traditional-jazz.com