[Dixielandjazz] RE: Music on the Internet

David Livingston snargi01@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

You can use a third-party mp3 player like WinAmp to
play Live365 stations.

First you need to download and install WinAmp.
(www.winamp.com) Then you need to go to the setup in
the Live365 play window (using IE or Netscape) to
configure WinAmp for use.

Then use IE or Netscape initally to get the stream
flowing in WinAmp.

Bookmark the mp3 stream IN WinAmp. Once that is done,
you don't need to have your browser open at all. Just
have your connection to the internet going and start
WinAmp.

There are pluses and minuses of course. The Pluses
being that there aren't any annoying popups. Minuses
being WinAmp won't tell you what song is playing or
who is playing it.

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?autostart=snargi