[Dixielandjazz] Lornetta Hooks Super band wife

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:47:07 EDT

The recent discussion on celebrity band wives presented some interesting and
notable women.  I would like to speak of Lornetta Hooks, the attractive wife
of our own esteemed charlie Hooks.  Lornetta is a fine flutist ( excuse me,
flautist) and would often bring her flute to gigs that Charlie and I were
doing and jam with us.  Lornetta is by profession a Junior High School band
director and has been doing this for over 20 years.  She is well known and
beloved by her band kids and former students in her community of River
forest, Illinois.  She is also highly respected by administrators.  But wait,
there is more...Lornetta also directs two church choirs.  In addition to all
of this she often takes advanced music studies during the summer.

Lornetta and Charlie have been married about 20 years, I believe, and they
are most definately a winning couple.  Music is their life, from dixieland
jazz to classical.

Let's all lift a toast to Lornetta and Charlie Hooks.

Jim Beebe