[Dixielandjazz] Ballrooms

Rob McCallum rakmccallum@hotmail.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:43:55 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C23268.2230B440

Hello all,

I'm going to be starting a research project this fall on ballrooms, past =
and present.  The focus will be two-fold.  The first is to document the =
status of ballrooms (which ones are still standing, abandoned or =
occupied, with what etc.).  The second is to present a survey of musical =
history through ballrooms, beginning with some of the most important =
(Savoy etc), and working outward into more regional ones.  The work will =
have numerous photos, both past and present and personal reminiscences =
as well as historical copy. =20

If anyone has any relevant info or personal stories, please contact me =
at rakmccallum@hotmail.com .  Any ballroom, whether free standing or =
within a hotel (like the Hotel Pennsylvania) will be part of this =
project.  Also, if anyone is aware of any books or articles regarding =
this topic that could be used as reference material, I'm interested in =
that also.  I'm literally at the very beginning of this project and have =
very little info yet. =20

All the best,

Rob McCallum

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C23268.2230B440

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm going to be starting a research =
project this=20
fall on ballrooms, past and present.&nbsp; The focus will be =
two-fold.&nbsp; The=20
first is to document the status of ballrooms (which ones are still =
standing,=20
abandoned or occupied, with what etc.).&nbsp; The second is to present a =
survey=20
of musical history through ballrooms, beginning with some of the most =
important=20
(Savoy etc),&nbsp;and working outward into more regional ones.&nbsp;=20
The&nbsp;work will have numerous photos, both past and present and =
personal=20
reminiscences as well as historical copy.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone has any relevant info or =
personal=20
stories, please contact me at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:rakmccallum@hotmail.com">rakmccallum@hotmail.com</A> =
.&nbsp; Any=20
ballroom, whether free standing or within a hotel (like the Hotel =
Pennsylvania)=20
will be part of this project.&nbsp; Also, if anyone is aware of any =
books or=20
articles regarding this topic that could be used as reference material, =
I'm=20
interested in that also.&nbsp; I'm literally at the very beginning of =
this=20
project and have very little info yet.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All the best,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rob McCallum</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C23268.2230B440--