[Dixielandjazz] Band etiquette during solos

Pepett@aol.com Pepett@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:58:17 EDT

Dan,
      Right on the money!!!   There was a discussion about eyes and/or ears
recently
and I must confess that the only time my eyes really get involved in the
music is when what you have described actually happens.
      Sad to say that my favorite all time musician was notorious for this !
      However, I have noticed (more times then not) that when a musician
other then a member of the  "front line" has a solo that the "front line"
moves out of the way to give the audience a clear view of this person.
      In my view, most musicians are thoughtful, but, as in other
professions, it does not take too many rotten apples to spoil the barrel
Best
       Perry

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL