[Dixielandjazz] Bob Schulz Age

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:04:55 EDT

--part1_d7.1aac2000.2a6e6827_boundary

In a message dated 7/23/02 1:05:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
ringwald@calweb.com writes:

> I forwarded a few of the messages from DJML discussing Bob Schulz's age.
> Below is part of an email to me from him.
>
> > Hi Bob...
>
> > Nice to see all that email material
> > coming from Charlie Hooks, Jim Beebe, Marty Eggers and Rebecca.  By the
> way,
> > I was born on July 1st, 1938 and I am 64.  Geez, I wish I new those
> > waitresses back in Chicago would have stepped up.  I was much too
> > bashful...Bobby

     I feel rather foolish about bringing up Bob's age in the first place.  I
have realized that in my mind he is still in his late 30s as when he played
with my group at the Blackstone Hotel.  I still think that I am in my
fifties.

    BTW,  Charle Hooks and Bob Schulz are both on a CD reissue of my band on
the Delmark label titled "Saturday Night Function" with Jim Beebe's Chicago
Jazz.  This CD contains two LPs that I did in 1978-79.  Hooks and Bob Schulz
are both superb.  Other luminaries on this CD are Spanky Davis, Eric
Schneider, Bobby Lewis, Tom Bridges, Barrett Deems, Duke Groner, Steve Behr
and Jack Kuncl.

   You can get this on internet sites or from the Jazz record Mart in Chicago
at
    1-800-684-3480  or at www.worldsrecords.com

Jim Beebe

--part1_d7.1aac2000.2a6e6827_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/23/02 1:05:22 AM Central Daylight Time, ringwald@calweb.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I forwarded a few of the messages from DJML discussing Bob Schulz's age.<BR>
Below is part of an email to me from him.<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Hi Bob...<BR>
<BR>
&gt; Nice to see all that email material<BR>
&gt; coming from Charlie Hooks, Jim Beebe, Marty Eggers and Rebecca.&nbsp; By the<BR>
way,<BR>
&gt; I was born on July 1st, 1938 and I am 64.&nbsp; Geez, I wish I new those<BR>
&gt; waitresses back in Chicago would have stepped up.&nbsp; I was much too<BR>
&gt; bashful...Bobby<BR>
&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I feel rather foolish about bringing up Bob's age in the first place.&nbsp; I have realized that in my mind he is still in his late 30s as when he played with my group at the Blackstone Hotel.&nbsp; I still think that I am in my fifties.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; BTW,&nbsp; Charle Hooks and Bob Schulz are both on a CD reissue of my band on the Delmark label titled "Saturday Night Function" with Jim Beebe's Chicago Jazz.&nbsp; This CD contains two LPs that I did in 1978-79.&nbsp; Hooks and Bob Schulz are both superb.&nbsp; Other luminaries on this CD are Spanky Davis, Eric Schneider, Bobby Lewis, Tom Bridges, Barrett Deems, Duke Groner, Steve Behr and Jack Kuncl.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; You can get this on internet sites or from the Jazz record Mart in Chicago at <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1-800-684-3480&nbsp; or at www.worldsrecords.com<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>