[Dixielandjazz] Hooks tells it like it is

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:55:35 EDT

--part1_61.22cbadd1.2a685b17_boundary

In a message dated 7/18/02 1:06:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:

> >> PLEASE, no more on line flaming!!
>> Best
>>      Perry
>>

>    Oh, why the hell not?
>
>    What are we, a bunch of pussy cats?   Sweet little old ladies having
> tea?    We are musicians: folk who FEEL (often quite passionately) about
> ourselves out in the world.  We are also intelligent.
>
>    Any statement biologically stupid will be noticed quickly and tagged as
> such by someone on this list, members of which are well above average IQ.
> Likewise, the "flaming" person will get blowtorched by ordinary menbers if
> the "flaming" is silly.  I say, "Let them shriek, and may their shrieks be
> folded in upon them!"
>
>    Say something silly and you will be posted; that's your problem if you
> get nailed.  It is not nor ever shall be the "Monitor's" decision just what
> may be allowed.  This is the way of  the real world.  Say stupid, get
> busted.  Continue: get fired.  Tough!
>
>    We members can keep this list pleasantly straight all by ourselves.  We
> are, not to beat about the bush, quite capable of managing for ourselves.
> In this sense we are all Conservatives: we do not need Big Brother managing
> us.
>
> Charlie Hooks,
> Conservartive and willing to instruct Left Libbies.
>
> PS.  But then, what can you expect from people with years of experience?
> Wisdom?  How preposterous!  Only the young are trustworthy....
>
> charliehooks@earthlink.net

   Great post, Charlie....absolutely right on.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_61.22cbadd1.2a685b17_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/18/02 1:06:28 AM Central Daylight Time, charliehooks@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><B>PLEASE, no more on line flaming!!<BR>
Best<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perry<BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE></B><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B>Oh, why the hell not?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; What are we, a bunch of pussy cats?&nbsp;&nbsp; Sweet little old ladies having tea?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We are musicians: folk who FEEL (often quite passionately) about ourselves out in the world.&nbsp; We are also intelligent. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Any statement biologically stupid will be noticed quickly and tagged as such by someone on this list, members of which are well above average IQ.&nbsp;&nbsp; Likewise, the "flaming" person will get blowtorched by ordinary menbers if the "flaming" is silly.&nbsp; I say, "Let them shriek, and may their shrieks be folded in upon them!"<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Say something silly and you will be posted; that's your problem if you get nailed.&nbsp; It is not nor ever shall be the "Monitor's" decision just what may be allowed.&nbsp; This is the way of&nbsp; the real world.&nbsp; Say stupid, get busted.&nbsp; Continue: get fired.&nbsp; Tough!<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; We members can keep this list pleasantly straight all by ourselves.&nbsp; We are, not to beat about the bush, quite capable of managing for ourselves.&nbsp; In this sense we are all Conservatives: we do not need Big Brother managing us. <BR>
<BR>
Charlie Hooks, <BR>
Conservartive and willing to instruct Left Libbies.<BR>
<BR>
PS.&nbsp; But then, what can you expect from people with years of experience?&nbsp; Wisdom?&nbsp; How preposterous!&nbsp; Only the young are trustworthy.... <BR>
<BR>
charliehooks@earthlink.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Great post, Charlie....absolutely right on.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe<BR>
<BR>
<BR>