[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Gig

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:34:15 +1000

Dear Bob,
Regarding your comment:
>I believe that Warren Vache does all the tpt work<
which arrived about 8 hours after I posted information quoting Bob Barnard and
his story as to why he and Warren are both on the soundtrack, and providing the
names of the other band members.
Apart from Oz mate Ross Anderson nobody else has acknowledged my prompt
information and continue to speculate or, in one case, independently confirm my
earlier advice.
(If you know Bob's playing as we do, it is easy to pick his bits anyway.)
I have a question about DJML message delay which has intrigued me for some time.
A question comes in, I (or someone) provides  the answer immediately and it
appears on the DJML minutes later.
Yet for hours, sometimes days, posts related to the original query pour in,
seemly bypassing the instant answer provided.
Why? Digest related perhaps?
I am in no way offended, just curious, as I thought that email worked in 'real'
time.
Kind regards,
Bill.