[Dixielandjazz] Let's Get The Ball Rolling

Pepett@aol.com Pepett@aol.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:20:38 EDT

--part1_140.1163c9fa.2a62e2b6_boundary

Ron,
       As the SUBJECT of my post suggested, it was meant to start a
conversation---That does NOT mean that I prefer any of the people I mentioned
such as Monk----In truth I detest the Genre' in which he was involved.!
       Being 77 years old and a record collecting JAZZ FAN for 65 of those
years, I suspect you can understand my loathing.
        Now, in regard to CONSTRUCTIVE posting: If Louis, Red Allen, Hawkins,
Lester, Hodges, Fats, Krupa, Baby and Johnny Dodds, Wild Bill, Butterfield,
and hundreds of others who played the TRUTH such as the many great bands you
see at Jazz Festivals today, need  continued accolades, then JAZZ is truly in
trouble.
Best
         Perry

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

--part1_140.1163c9fa.2a62e2b6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2><B>Ron,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As the SUBJECT of my post suggested, it was meant to start a conversation---That does NOT mean that I prefer any of the people I mentioned such as Monk----In truth I detest the Genre' in which he was involved.!<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Being 77 years old and a record collecting JAZZ FAN for 65 of those years, I suspect you can understand my loathing.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, in regard to CONSTRUCTIVE posting: If Louis, Red Allen, Hawkins, Lester, Hodges, Fats, Krupa, Baby and Johnny Dodds, Wild Bill, Butterfield, <BR>
and hundreds of others who played the TRUTH such as the many great bands you see at Jazz Festivals today, need&nbsp; continued accolades, then JAZZ is truly in trouble.<BR>
Best<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perry<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
</B>LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL</FONT></HTML>

--part1_140.1163c9fa.2a62e2b6_boundary--