[Dixielandjazz] Turntable Junction

SLGTJB slgtjb@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:34:15 -0600

on 7/16/02 9:07 AM, Patrick Cooke at patcooke@cox.net wrote:

> You're right about the sound system and the "techs'.  Especially when there
> are a lot of venues at a festival, you're lucky if there are good sound
> techs at half of them.

Sacramento has a large venue in a tent "Turntable Junction" that is used for
big group draws.  The Blues Bands, Zydeco, etc. play there along with some
of the most popular Trad Bands such as High Sierra (two years ago) and
Fireworks (this past year).  The sound guys are rock and rollers, so all you
hear is drums and bass.  Period.  I know people who have complained, but
these two dudes seem to be back every year.  Maybe Sacramento will get the
picture someday and either replace the techs or forget about scheduling
anything but rock and roll in that tent.