[Dixielandjazz] Name that band?

Vilcad (Ron Gable) Vilcad \(Ron Gable\)" <vilcad@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:41:32 -0400

Hello listers,

Rosemary and I have been running a website dedicated to support and promote
jazz.  On the home page is the picture of a OKOM band.  This has been our
logo from day one.  My source for the picture is hanging in the hallway of
Omega Automation, an industrial firm located in Dayton, Ohio.  I took a
digital photo of this art, converted it to grayscale and feathered the edges
a bit and put it on our site.

My question to you good folks, can anyone name the band for me?  Last night
Rosemary and I attended a Dave Greer's Classic Jazz Stompers
(www.msdicontrols.com/cjs/) band shell concert in Centerville, Ohio.
At this event, one of the apprx. 1000 people in attendance pointed to my "I
Support Jazz Button", that was created from the same artwork.  He seemed to
believe it is the Humphrey (not sure about spelling) Brothers who play at
times in Preservation Hall, New Orleans?

Since I can only use plain text in this message (I can't include the
picture), will you please go to my website and tell me what you think.

The home page picture is at: www.jazzadvocate.com and the "I Support Jazz
Button" is at:

http://www.jazzadvocate.com/Jazz%20Art/Art001.htm

I want to thank you for any effort you put into this.

As a finial note, and I'm not try to market anything here, if anyone is
interested in one of the buttons that I'm so proud of, contact me off list.

Thank you again,

Ron & Rosemary Gable
Jazz Advocates
10790 W. National Road