[Dixielandjazz] Jazzology Records

Dixie Teel dixiecup34@earthlink.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:58:26 -0500

Listmates,
Charlie Hooks' reference to The Boll Weevil Jazz Band  reminded me of my
first trip to George Bucks' establishment.
I rang the door bell and followed an employee up the stairs.  I don't think
he knew what to think of me.  I sat down and was thumbing through a
catalogue and told the employee that for sure I wanted the CD by Ray
Skjelbred which surprised him that I knew who he  was.
Mr. Buck spent about an hour opening CDs and playing bits of bands that I
had never heard.  One of the CDs was The Boll Weevil Jass Band Music to
Stomp Your Feet By.  He shared that it was one of his favorite bands.
Needless to say I went wild in that huge set pf rooms.  How anyone could
find anything there I don't know but Mr. Buck would ask for a particular CD
and the employee would go right to it as though it was the only one they
had.
Oh, I left there with four new  CDs.  I had already bought a fifth one at
Fritzels the night before.
Dixie Teel
Houston, TX