[Dixielandjazz] Bob Schulz this Sunday in Sac at Dante Club

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:03:17 -0500

Bob Schultz=20
will be playing with his Frisco Jazz Band
this Sunday in Sacramento.
(SEE  DETAILS  BELOW.)
We can all ask him his age  ;)  and post it on the DJML. (We can also repor=
back to Charlie on whether or not he "still gets the girls.")

Bob Ringwald usually sends STJS Jazz Sunday messages out,
but he left for the Mammoth Festival on Wed., so I'll do it for him.

BTW About his AGE: I'm designing the printed program, and the info Ringwald
gave me says Schulz was born in 1938. This is close to what Charlie said
(1939), but I don't know which date to immortalize in print for this
weekend. ??? Tempted to go with Charlie; he's so reliable.
Also BTW: I'm working with two photos of the band -- the newest photo has
the band all in long-sleeved white shirts, with ties and black pants, the
other photo (older one) has everyone in matching yellow TEE SHIRTS with
Frisco on the front. :) And no, I don't really care what they wear on Sunda=
because they are a great band!

Love and hugs,
Nanner-nanner

NOTE NEW VENUE!  NOT, repeat, NOT at the Elks Lodge anymore.

BOB  SCHULZ'  FRISCO  JAZZ  BAND
Sunday, July 14th, 2002
The DANTE CLUB
2330 Fair Oaks Blvd. (btwn. Howe and Fulton Ave.)
Sacramento, CA

The Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society presents Bob Schulz and his Frisco
Jazz Band. Mr. Schulz is one of the foremost exponents of the Bob Scobey
cornet style and is an outstanding vocalist in the tradition of Clancy
Hayes.=20

Born in Wonewoc, Wisconsin in 1938 (or 1939), he relocated to the San
Francisco Bay Area in 1979 when Turk Murphy invited him to join Turk=B9s
legendary San Francisco Jazz Band. Bob=B9s eight years with Murphy included
over 300 live radio broadcasts, special television appearances, many
recordings, tours of the United States and Europe, as well as the Turk
Murphy 1987 Carnegie Hall Tribute concert.

After Turk=B9s passing, Bob formed his own Frisco Jazz Band with some of
Northern California=B9s finest Jazz musicians. STJS proudly presents this ban=
today: Jim Rothermel, reeds; Gary Reynolds, trombone; Ray Skjelbred, piano;
Scott Anthony, banjo/guitar; Jim Maihack, tuba; Bill Maginnis, drums.

Come on out and let's have some fun at the new venue -- GREAT MUSIC!