[Dixielandjazz] Bob Schulz

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:25:25 -0500

on 7/11/02 7:42 PM, Joseph R./ Jimmie A. Harris at
jjharris@digitalpassage.com wrote:

> I e-mailed San Francisco asking for Bob Schulz' birthday and
> this is the answer I got back. Joseph R. Harris
>

> From: "Martin D Eggers" <marty_eggers@juno.com>
>> Dear Mr. Harris,
>>
>> I don't have Bob Schulz' full birthdate, but according to "Jazz West 2"
>> he was born in 1939.  Also, his last name is spelled "Schulz" and he
>> plays the cornet.
>>
>> If I learn more I'll let you know.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>> Marty Eggers
>> Editor, "The Frisco Cricket"
>>

> ---

        You just can't trust anyone these days--ESPECIALLY JAZZ WEST 2!  If
they list Bob Shulz's name spelled this way, they are correct.  If they list
his birthdate as 1931, they are dead wrong; I was born in 1929 and turned 50
in 1979, the same year in which Bob turned 40.  Work it out for yourself.
Although I can't see why anyone really givies a damn--he probably doesn't
look more than 30 even now--and I HATE him for it! He always got ALL the
girls and probably still does.

enviously,
charliehooks@earthlink.net