[Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:10:46 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3109245046_4818357_MIME_Part

on 7/11/02 10:06 AM, JimDBB@aol.com at JimDBB@aol.com wrote:

Cripes, how old is Bob.  He doesn't seem that old to me.  He played with my
group at the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago one summer while he was taking
advanced courses at Vandercook.  This must have been when you were in his
school band.  He joined Turk Murphy several years later.

Well, Jim, Bob Shultz was working with us in 1979 just before I turned 50
that same year.  And he used to sing "My jelly roll is cold/ It's forty
years old," if that gives you a basis.  Remember Bob qwas always older than
he looked--why the waitresses all wanted him: he looked like a young guy,
but was old enough for them to go out with.

Charlie

--MS_Mac_OE_3109245046_4818357_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
on 7/11/02 10:06 AM, JimDBB@aol.com at JimDBB@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Cripes, how old is Bob. &nbsp;He doesn't seem th=
at old to me. &nbsp;He played with my group at the Blackstone Hotel in Chica=
go one summer while he was taking advanced courses at Vandercook. &nbsp;This=
 must have been when you were in his school band. &nbsp;He joined Turk Murph=
y several years later.<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><BR>
Well, Jim, Bob Shultz was working with us in 1979 just before I turned 50 t=
hat same year. &nbsp;And he used to sing &quot;My jelly roll is cold/ It's f=
orty years old,&quot; if that gives you a basis. &nbsp;Remember Bob qwas alw=
ays older than he looked--why the waitresses all wanted him: he looked like =
a young guy, but was old enough for them to go out with.<BR>
<BR>
Charlie=20
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3109245046_4818357_MIME_Part--