[Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:06:41 EDT

--part1_135.1112ebd1.2a5ef901_boundary

In a message dated 7/11/02 9:09:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
BillSargentDrums@aol.com writes:

> I've been playing drums as a professional (making my living) since 13 years
> old. (I'm 47 now).
>
> The great Bob Schulz was my band director through junior and high school.

   Cripes, how old is Bob.  He doesn't seem that old to me.  He played with
my group at the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago one summer while he was taking
advanced courses at Vandercook.  This must have been when you were in his
school band.  He joined Turk Murphy several years later.

    Jim Beebe

--part1_135.1112ebd1.2a5ef901_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/11/02 9:09:30 AM Central Daylight Time, BillSargentDrums@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I've been playing drums as a professional (making my living) since 13 years old. (I'm 47 now).<BR>
<BR>
The great Bob Schulz was my band director through junior and high school.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Cripes, how old is Bob.&nbsp; He doesn't seem that old to me.&nbsp; He played with my group at the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago one summer while he was taking advanced courses at Vandercook.&nbsp; This must have been when you were in his school band.&nbsp; He joined Turk Murphy several years later.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_135.1112ebd1.2a5ef901_boundary--