[Dixielandjazz] Re: Band Dress

AprilGrenadilla@aol.com AprilGrenadilla@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:37:02 EDT

--part1_22.2b657b4a.2a5f0e2e_boundary

Possibly I'm just in the wrong league here, but if I was with Anne Davison
and going out to a public event that I had any responsibility for (i.e. being
on stage), she wouldn't have let me leave the house until I was dressed at
least as good as or a tad bit better than what the audience was expected to
be wearing. I must say I whole-heartedly agreed with her that one must gain
the respect demanded by your dress on first sight..... ever notice that if
you are wearing something nice (even just if it's just slacks and a nice
shirt) that folks automatically assume you must work there? Granted, as has
already been mentioned, the gig and weather determines the style of dress -
doesn't even necessarily mean that everyone has to match exactly, either....
just my thoughts.

Regards,
April DeShields
"Straight Ahead and Strive for Tone!"

--part1_22.2b657b4a.2a5f0e2e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Possibly I'm just in the wrong league here, but if I was with Anne Davison and going out to a public event that I had any responsibility for (i.e. being on stage), she wouldn't have let me leave the house until I was dressed at least as good as or a tad bit better than what the audience was expected to be wearing. I must say I whole-heartedly agreed with her that one must gain the respect demanded by your dress on first sight..... ever notice that if you are wearing something nice (even just if it's just slacks and a nice shirt) that folks automatically assume you must work there? Granted, as has already been mentioned, the gig and weather determines the style of dress - doesn't even necessarily mean that everyone has to match exactly, either.... just my thoughts.
<BR>
<BR>Regards,
<BR>April DeShields
<BR>"Straight Ahead and Strive for Tone!"</FONT></HTML>

--part1_22.2b657b4a.2a5f0e2e_boundary--