[Dixielandjazz] What is a 'musician's musician'?

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:01:06 EDT

In a message dated 11/7/02 14:50:56, patcooke@cox.net writes:

<< Sorry Jerry.....

     I'm a musician, and I have to agree with the other guys.

     Pat Cooke >>

I take that really as an agreement with my thoughts which are that musicians
consider technical ability in a player as more important than non-musicians
would consider the players ability. Or am I getting terribly confused? In
other words do you consider technical ability as the most important aspect of
another musicians performance and that a brilliant technician will always be
better than one of lesser ability but greater emotion etc. in the performance?

Cheers,
Jerry,
Norwich,U.K.