[Dixielandjazz] dress

Ivor Jones banjones@oninet.pt
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:32:51 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Farrell" <stridepiano@tesco.net>
To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] dress

> All day I have been thinking about Ross Anderson's claim concerning band
> attire but still cannot fathom the logic of it :
>
> "If the band "LOOKS" GOOD, the" MUSIC" is GOOD"
>
> Whichever way you slice it, Ross appears to be saying that the smarter the
> dress of a band the better their music will be. How on earth does he
arrive
> at that conclusion?

Of course he can't, but speaking as a design consultant of the 'roll up your
sleeves and get your hands dirty' variety, I will say that when you package
anything the better and more attractive you can make it the more likely you
are to sell it......However once you open the package and the product is
naff you don't buy it again.

Ivor