[Dixielandjazz] dress

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:32:41 +0200

Charlie wrote, referring to my earlier post:
All the above makes me wonder (with respect): just how old are you
people?
You sound like kids to me--which may, of course, be to your advantage.
But
"T-shirts"?

Charlie, as often happens when pulling out one bit of information out of
a larger text, you can come up with the wrong idea.  I said that in the
Jazz Clubs in Madrid (Spain) EVERYONE plays in shirt/trousers, or even
jeans/t-shirts.  It's a very relaxed scene, and the clubs are extremely
hot & smoky....and, crowded!  I have to change t-shirts between sets
(due to the wetness of the scene!), and then put on another clean one at
the end of the gig, so, under the circumstances, I think we are very
properly dressed.

I further on said we wear vests & bow tie for weddings, parties, etc.,
and full suits for concerts.  So....we dress for the occasion.  I will
send you a private post with a picture of our "concert dress".

By the way, the youngest in the band is 40, two are in their 50's, and
two in their 60's (I'm in the last lot)....so, we are not kids, but ARE
young men!  And, we play to a very young audience, in the 20-40 yr
bracket.  We must be doing something right as we are in our 35th year
together.

Jim