[Dixielandjazz] Re: SAINTS

Ron Going rongoing1@earthlink.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:22:15 -0500

--------------000006040107050802040905

Henry,
All the photos of the hall from that period clearly show a sign that
reads,"TRADITONAL Request, $1.00, OTHERS $2.00, The SAINTS $5.00".
 That's when the fee at the door was only $1.00.
I remember it well as '69 was the year of my first, (of many) visits to
New Orleans and Preservation Hall.
Best,
Ron

Henry B. Stinson wrote:

> thompson wrote:
>
>> Yes, Harry, and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band REQUIRES a large tip
>> to play "Saints".  It is written on a sign on the wall.  No wonder
>> they play it "patiently".  Rebecca
>

> It's Henry.  King Henry the Vth, according to Shakespeare, was
> called Harry when he was still prince, but normally Harry is not
> a nickname for Henry.  That said, ....
>
> I don't remember them having a sign requesting a tip to play "Saints",
> but that was back in 1969.  I can understand why they did add that
> sign.
>

> --
> Henry Stinson, BSECE, Website Developer and Software Engineer (Visual
> Basic)
> Vocalist, Jazz Harmonica, Jazz Whistling and "Mouth Trumpet".
> Orpheus Jazz Ensemble, Blue Heaven Jazz Band
> Msg: 703-742-4670 Day: 703-893-8930 (Ring once, then call right back.)

--------------000006040107050802040905

<head>
</head>
Henry,<br>
All the photos of the hall from that period clearly show a sign that reads,"TRADITONAL
Request, $1.00, OTHERS $2.00, The SAINTS $5.00". &nbsp;That's when the fee at
the door was only $1.00.<br>
I remember it well as '69 was the year of my first, (of many) visits to New
Orleans and Preservation Hall.<br>
Best,<br>
Ron<br>
Henry B. Stinson wrote:<br>