[Dixielandjazz] dress

Russ Guarino russg@redshift.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:32:43 -0700

I also ask for spit shined black shoes, but, alas don't always get it.  A
lot of musicians are not careful about their dress, especially their shoes.
My younger musicians often wear motorcycle boots to gigs that are quite
worn.  And are insulted if anything is said.    [ It is not easy being a
band leader ].

One way to create a uniform look at a low expense, just go to Mervyn's and
buy "on sale" sweat shirts that are the same color, in the sizes of the
bands people. Get a strong color like red or orange. They are a cotton and
polyester blend, so they pick up stains easily and are difficult to get
really stain free, but they are a low cost way to start.  Wear "all black"
below the waist.  The band will look really sharp.

Russ Guarino