[Dixielandjazz] Ward Kimball

Len Nielsen lennielsen@telus.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:50:40 -0700

Dan...

The Firehouse Five Plus Two was my intro to Dixieland Jazz when a high
school English teacher brought an LP to class as a change of routine. A
rousing version of the 'Saints' together with a number of similar tunes
caught my interest and has held it all these years. The 'Saints' is no
longer on my list of preferred tunes but at the time it drew me.

Ward Kimball and "Firehouse" are a huge part of my memories of this
music. I enjoy a fairly wide range of music but Dixieland has always
been number one with me and I'll always remember that it started with
this group.

Len Nielsen
Victoria Canada