[Dixielandjazz] the rise off the chair bit..

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:18:00 +0200

Someone foolishly asked:
>saxophonists, on the first beat of every 4th bar rise up out of their
chairs about 3 inches >simultaneously and then sit back down
 >maybe some of the more mature members of this list can further
enlighten us.

It's obvious!  Saxophonists...being the weirdos that the are.....are
only able to pass wind on the first beat of every 4th. bar, therefore
the little lift off of the chair.  Trombonists, in general, do not have
that problem, being able to "let blow" at any given moment!  You can
usually catch us out, 'cause we try to avert attention by letting spit
out of our spitvalve.....

Jim