[Dixielandjazz] How many on DJML play?

BSimp57584@aol.com BSimp57584@aol.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:57:49 EDT

I'm Bob Simpson, piano player. I have my own band, a quartet and trio, and
play in several others. I'm involved in the Lane Victory, a fully restored
World War II cargo ship. We take 6 one-day cruises out of San Pedro, CA to
Catalina Island and back. Usually have around 800 passengers. I assemble a
different band each cruise, under the label of the Yellow Houn' Dawgs Jazz
Band, selecting the best available musicians from the California and Arizona
areas. Since I occupy the piano bench each time, I get to play with the best.
Great. At mid afternoon, we are suddenly attacked by 4 Nazi fighter planes.
As they dive and strafe, our 5"38 and 22 MM guns are banging away. It's a
true WW II reenactment.
    A day of great music on the beautiful Pacific, accompanied by frolicking
porpoise is absolute heaven. Life is wonderful... Bob

PS. A descriptive lyer is available. Let me know...

Bob Simpson,
Yellow Houn' Dawg' Jazz Band
1065 Lomita Blvd.  #71
Harbor City, CA 90710