[Dixielandjazz] Bimbo

Ivor Jones banjones@oninet.pt
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:08:42 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C22738.FC9D1500

Please can anybody help me with the chords of 'Bimbo' ...Full title 'I'm =
going to take my Bimbo back to the bamboo Isle' by Jack Palmer and =
Spencer Williams. Clarence Williams and his Orchestra play it on Volume =
1 1927-1928. Some two years ago Bob Romans very kindly sent me the band =
parts for 'My little Bimbo' , but nobody at that time had the Spencer =
Williams tune. I am still looking for chords to 'Some Sweet Day' (Turk =
Murphy?)  As to Dan Augustine's query .. ALL of the Portuguese members =
of the DJML collect OKOM and Ragtime CDs, books, and play in a =
band...that's me....... and while I'm here, it seems that OKOM bands all =
have uniforms of some kind while modern style musicians never do. Is it =
because trad musicians play for each other (as a  team) while funk, =
fusion, etc. only play for themselves..I'm generalising of course, but =
here in Portugal that is invariably the case.

Ivor in sunny Portugal

------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C22738.FC9D1500

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please can anybody help me with the =
chords of=20
'Bimbo' ...Full title 'I'm going to take my Bimbo back to the bamboo =
Isle' by=20
Jack Palmer and Spencer Williams. Clarence Williams and his Orchestra =
play it on=20
Volume 1 1927-1928. Some two years ago Bob Romans very kindly sent me =
the band=20
parts for 'My little Bimbo' , but nobody at that time had the Spencer =
Williams=20
tune. I am still looking for chords to 'Some Sweet Day' (Turk =
Murphy?)&nbsp; As=20
to Dan Augustine's query ..&nbsp;ALL of the Portuguese members of the =
DJML=20
collect OKOM&nbsp;and Ragtime CDs, books, and play in a band...that's =
me.......=20
and while I'm here, it seems that OKOM bands all have uniforms of some =
kind=20
while modern style musicians never do. Is it because trad musicians play =
for=20
each other (as a &nbsp;team) while funk, fusion, etc. only play for=20
themselves..I'm generalising of course, but here in Portugal that is =
invariably=20
the case.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ivor in sunny =
Portugal</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C22738.FC9D1500--