[Dixielandjazz] Festival TV spot/Saints

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:12:58 +0200

Rob van der Plas wrote:

The second last line of "Saints" is "Yes I want to be in that number".
That's every advertising copywriter's dream. Folks who know the tune
will also be familiar with those lyrics. So let's all go to the
Seven-Eleven and buy Bud Light and potatoe chips.

Rob, you actually wrote a bit from another line from The Saints:  "seven
come eleven be my number, when those dice begin to roll"!

P.S.: For the benefit of our non-US friends, Seven-Eleven is a 24
hour/day convenience store here in the U. S. of A.

Yeah! We've got a few here.  Very unsuccessful, though, even though
young Spaniards rarely go to bed before 7am!  All the bars serve food
along with drinks so you don't have the "dying for food" crowd out late
at nite.  Plus, all the gas/petrol stations have shops open all nite.
The U.K. version would be the fish & chips joints, I suppose.

Jim