[Dixielandjazz] tv spot to promote a jazz festival

David Richoux tubaman@wombat.net
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:47:22 -0700

Russ, if it works for you I guess it proves something or other, but your reply
triggers the whole question of "Straws & Stripes!" It seems to come up every year or
so but I think it is worth discussion on this list. Should we as musicians
perpetuate the clichi or is there just some rational (or irrational) reason to
forever associate OKOM with red vests and white hats?

I personally can play this music wearing any sort of uniform or non-uniform (or even
nothing but a bow tie, on occasion) but if I had to only wear Straws & Stripes I
think would not enjoy playing as much as I do.

Anyway,

Dave Richoux