[Dixielandjazz] tv spot to promote a jazz festival

Russ Guarino russg@redshift.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:20:53 -0700

Joe,

Remember, TV is a visual medium.

How do you look?

We did a couple of gigs last year at a theme park in our usual red and black
outfits. This year we are shown as a quick snip in their TV ads because we look
so interesting and exciting.  The publicity is quite valuable.

How you look is as equally important as the music you play.  Play something
everybody recognizes like "Saints" or "Ja-Da" and dress interestingly.

We wore black shoes, socks, trousers, white long sleeve shirt, and a red vest
with black trim.  I got the vests  in L.A. at a uniform mfg. company back in
1989.  minimum order was one dozen and I selected sizes consisting of
40-42-44-46-48 & 50.  Cost about $600 at the time.

If you're interested in how we looked, see my web site at
www.classicswingband.com and browse the site until you find the picture.

If you don't find the picture, let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

Russ Guarino