[Dixielandjazz] Frank Lloyd's Wright's bass fiddle

Schnabbels@aol.com Schnabbels@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:10:55 EDT

--part1_8e.2a88dbfa.2a5a4eaf_boundary

Igor,

I have been looking all over Taliesin-West for Mr. Wright's bass fiddle and
cannot find it anywhere! Are you absolutely sure that you always returned it
after doing your folk gigs with Linda Ronstadt? :>)

BTW, on the days that I work at Taliesin-West (I am a tour guide there or,
with an expensive word "docent"; our new CEO, instead of raising our pay,
want to elevate us now to "Educational Facilitators". Go figure.) I get to
play FLLW's favorite piano. In spite of the five or six Steinway's available
on the property, this one is a Knabe concert grand, built over a 100 years
ago in Baltimore. You are probably familiar with it. It sounds great,
although the triple-striped A gets stuck every now and then. I usually play
"Cabaret" to demonstrate the great acoustics in the Cabaret Theatre. What can
I say, showbizz IS my life. And I am even willing to stoop so low as to play
a song so closely associated with Ms. Liza (with a "Z") Minelli. That's what
I wish my worst ennemy: On a deserted island, forced to listen to Ms.
Minelli's vocal exploits (by day) and Ethel Merman's (during the night; a
little sleep deprivation always hurts).

I am walking around with the idea to put a local group together and play a
Taliesin evening sometime this fall or winter in order to give the young
apprentices in the FLLW School of Architecture a dose of OKOM. Wanna play
bass, for ol' times sake?

Regards,

Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ

P.S.: This post contains the acronym "OKOM"

--part1_8e.2a88dbfa.2a5a4eaf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Igor,<BR>
<BR>
I have been looking all over Taliesin-West for Mr. Wright's bass fiddle and cannot find it anywhere! Are you absolutely sure that you always returned it after doing your folk gigs with Linda Ronstadt? :&gt;)<BR>
<BR>
BTW, on the days that I work at Taliesin-West (I am a tour guide there or, with an expensive word "docent"; our new CEO, instead of raising our pay, want to elevate us now to "Educational Facilitators". Go figure.) I get to play FLLW's favorite piano. In spite of the five or six Steinway's available on the property, this one is a Knabe concert grand, built over a 100 years ago in Baltimore. You are probably familiar with it. It sounds great, although the triple-striped A gets stuck every now and then. I usually play "Cabaret" to demonstrate the great acoustics in the Cabaret Theatre. What can I say, showbizz IS my life. And I am even willing to stoop so low as to play a song so closely associated with Ms. Liza (with a "Z") Minelli. That's what I wish my worst ennemy: On a deserted island, forced to listen to Ms. Minelli's vocal exploits (by day) and Ethel Merman's (during the night; a little sleep deprivation always hurts).<BR>
<BR>
I am walking around with the idea to put a local group together and play a Taliesin evening sometime this fall or winter in order to give the young apprentices in the FLLW School of Architecture a dose of OKOM. Wanna play bass, for ol' times sake?<BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
<BR>
Rob van der Plas<BR>
Scottsdale, AZ<BR>
<BR>
P.S.: This post contains the acronym "OKOM"<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_8e.2a88dbfa.2a5a4eaf_boundary--