[Dixielandjazz] Whoops - Taps

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:26:47 EDT

--part1_191.96e2273.2a59e1e7_boundary

In a message dated 7/7/02 12:23:10 AM Central Daylight Time, GWW174@aol.com
writes:

> No sooner than I hit the SEND button and realized that one of the "thou
> shalt
> not's" on DJML is NO ATTACHMENTS.  Sorry.  If the attachment did not make
> it
> through the list server and you are interested in the story on the origns
> of
> TAPS, private post to me and I will send it along.
> Gordon

   Is this the story of finding the notes to Taps on the dead soldiers body.

    This story is strictly bull but people want to believe it as it is
sentimental and sappy.

    Taps did come out of the civil war, though.

    Jim Beebe

--part1_191.96e2273.2a59e1e7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/7/02 12:23:10 AM Central Daylight Time, GWW174@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">No sooner than I hit the SEND button and realized that one of the "thou shalt <BR>
not's" on DJML is NO ATTACHMENTS.&nbsp; Sorry.&nbsp; If the attachment did not make it <BR>
through the list server and you are interested in the story on the origns of <BR>
TAPS, private post to me and I will send it along.<BR>
Gordon</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Is this the story of finding the notes to Taps on the dead soldiers body.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This story is strictly bull but people want to believe it as it is sentimental and sappy.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Taps did come out of the civil war, though.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_191.96e2273.2a59e1e7_boundary--