[Dixielandjazz] Belatedly........................

Jazzjerry@aol.com Jazzjerry@aol.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:37:01 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/02 15:43:24, JimDBB@aol.com writes:

<< Can you think of any other country that would allow people in all
sorts of undress to cavort at their nation's capitol while supposedly
celebrating their country's birthdate? >>

As this discussion has little to do with the real DJML topic I thought I
would take a little farther out! We have had reports in our newspapers that
the population of DC (District of Columbia) are not happy with their
continued citizenship of the United States as they are not really represented
at any governmant level  (Taxation without Representation) and have recently
presented a petition to the British Embassy in Washington asking to be
readmitted to the United Kingdom! Interesting that 'Tazation without
Representation' was one of the reasons behing the War of Independance in the
first place. The paper noted that the petition was due to be presented on 4th
July but the British Embassy was closed for the celebrations - very bizarre!

Of course we don't celebrate anything such as a National Birthday as we are
collectively too old to remember!! Otherwise we would probably do it in
fourteen layers of clothing because it would probably be windy and peeing
down with rain! We would love to celebrate anything in our underwear but
generally our climate will not allow it unless one wants bits dropping off
with frostbite!

Musical thought - Call it Stormy Monday But Tuesday Is Just As Bad - T-Bone
walker 1947.

Cheers,
Jerry,
Norwich - where we have forgotten what blue skies are and what the sun looks
like.
U.K.