[Dixielandjazz] Sophie Tucker

John Ding roadie@btinternet.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 16:23:22 +0100

Hi Peter,

"What'll You Do?" was recorded by Sophie in 1927 - there's a 51sec Real
Audio snip of it on: http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist2/days.html
but impossible to say from this extract just who the musicians were.
There is no listing in Rust (from just a quick look) which matches.
Purely a guess, but Miff Mole could be a candidate for the trombone

Can only suggest you give Google a good workout ;-))

Regards,

John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?
___o00o__(°¿°)__o00o___
   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter L. Reid" <bgofilt@impulse.net.au>
To: <dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: 06 July 2002 14:38
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Sophie Tucker

: Can anyone help with information on a recording I have of Sophie Tucker
: singing "What'll You Do?" (I think that is the song title.) My father
taped
: it many years ago and left me the tape full of varied music with
absolutely
: no information re the tracks at all.
: Twenties recording with Red Nichols sounding group plus violin. It is the
: trombone player I am really interested in. He is magnificent.
: Peter L.