[Dixielandjazz] Belatedly........................

thodgson thodgson5@cogeco.ca
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:54:51 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: brian.harvey5 <brian.harvey5@ntlworld.com>

>Jazz content - it's the USA's very own music.

It certainly is USA's original and unparalleled contribution to world
culture, but, sorry to tell you it's no longer USA's very own music.  It now
belongs to all of us.  Thanks for the gift.

Trevor Hodgson, Canada.

PS: Regarding your poem ref. the flag; it brought to my mind that not many
Englishmen would recognise the English flag if they saw it.  I suppose in a
republic the flag takes the place of the monarch.
Jazz content: Nat King Cole, Duke Ellington etc.