[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong Tributes was NY Times Jazz listings

john Petters jpettjazz@btinternet.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:02:09 +0100

Steve said
> First the Louis Armstrong Tributes:  Admittedly these are by "modern"
> jazz players, but how many of us OKEMers are doing Armstrong Tributes
> this year?

I am doing a complete festival dedicated to the great man (our 3rd) at South
Downs Holiday Village nr Chichester on the South Coast in September. Its
sold out all bar about three rooms. My Summer Riverboat shuffles (next week
14th at Upton upon Severb then 21st Cambridge) are marketed as Louis
Armstrong Riverboat Shuffles. The great man is never far from my thoughts or
my CD player.
OKOM musicians would cope with Louis better than the oobli brigade who
generally play far too many notes.
cheers
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ