[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy Mundy

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:17:29 EDT

From: Tom Hagan [mailto:hagan2002@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:16 PM

Subject: Jimmy Mundy

I am looking for indepth information on the great arranger Jimmy Mundy.

Mundy had a great band in 1946 in LA.  My father, Ray Hagan, was the
drummer
in what was an all-star line-up of black and white musicians.  At the
time,
Dad was working two radio shows a week with Frank Sinatra plus the Jack
Benny show and Duffy's Tavern.  Dad passed up playing with Benny Goodman

because of his radio commitments.  But he never missed the opportunity
play with Jimmy.  There are some great recordings of that band.  Where
can I
find out more about Jimmy beyond just the brief bios on the web?

Dad died in 1955 of a heartattack.  He was 40 years old.  I was 10.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Hagan