[Dixielandjazz] Jambalaya Jazz Band

thodgson thodgson5@cogeco.ca
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:45:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Lou Shimbart <lou.shimbart@sympatico.ca>

>I have tickets to a concert at Nobleton near Toronto, Canada, this
>Saturday by the Jambalaya Jazz Band from Buffalo, NY,
>Phil Nyhius on trumpet (who also doubles on piano), Brian Bauer on >reeds,
Henry Stefanski on banjo, John Curry on bass and Frank >Phelan on drums.  >
>Anyone know this band? If so, any comments as to what we can look >forward
>to?

I don't know the band, but I played a gig with Phil Nyhuis at the Alex Bay
Jass Fest.  He played a little more "modern" than I'm used to but  a very
nice horn and easy to play with.  He's also a very pleasant  fellow.  Hope
you enjoy the concert................
Trevor Hodgson.