[Dixielandjazz] More on CBS 60 minutes

GWW174@aol.com GWW174@aol.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 00:17:44 EDT

Not going to apologize in advance... this is NOT about dixieland jazz but IS
about music and youth.

Re: Youth Orchestra of Venzuella (earlier post re: Ed Bradley piece on CBS's
60 minutes).. nothing on the CBS web site but a video tape on the 15 minute
segment is available.  Send me a private post if you would like to view the
tape.  If there is enough interest, I will purchase it and send it around on
the "honor system".  What they have done in getting interest in music and
building character in their youth is amazing and we should take some lessons.
 As has been posted in the past, Sports is not the only answer.  Music
produces results and needs to be moved up the pedestal of important
priorities.

Gordon
gww174@aol.com