[Dixielandjazz] festivities

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:12:09 EDT

--part1_c5.25191e11.2a510669_boundary

In a message dated 6/30/02 4:58:44 AM Central Daylight Time, kash@ran.es
writes:

> I'll be curious to see what security is like.  10 yrs ago we got the
> mirror under the car, "can I see what is in your trombone case,
> please"....(surprise!  A trombone!!), a gunman on every rooftop within
> view, a helicopter (plop, plop, plop, plop) silently floating almost out
> of sight........  There's been an honest to goodness TANK sitting on
> Calle Serrano (the 5th. Ave of Madrid) since last Sept., so one can only
> imagine what it is like INSIDE the grounds.  I will make a report to
> DJML on July 4th, if I get in/out safely!    :>
>
> Jim

   Security at the embassy will probably be the same miserable 'non-security
that the U.S. has guarded our Embassy's with for years.  There will be 3-4
Marines and most of them will be kids just out of boot camp.  I will be
interested in your report.

   Yes, this is 'off-topic' but I don't consider the security of our country
to be off-topic.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_c5.25191e11.2a510669_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/30/02 4:58:44 AM Central Daylight Time, kash@ran.es writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I'll be curious to see what security is like.&nbsp; 10 yrs ago we got the<BR>
mirror under the car, "can I see what is in your trombone case,<BR>
please"....(surprise!&nbsp; A trombone!!), a gunman on every rooftop within<BR>
view, a helicopter (plop, plop, plop, plop) silently floating almost out<BR>
of sight........&nbsp; There's been an honest to goodness TANK sitting on<BR>
Calle Serrano (the 5th. Ave of Madrid) since last Sept., so one can only<BR>
imagine what it is like INSIDE the grounds.&nbsp; I will make a report to<BR>
DJML on July 4th, if I get in/out safely!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Jim</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Security at the embassy will probably be the same miserable 'non-security that the U.S. has guarded our Embassy's with for years.&nbsp; There will be 3-4 Marines and most of them will be kids just out of boot camp.&nbsp; I will be interested in your report.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, this is 'off-topic' but I don't consider the security of our country to be off-topic.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>