[Dixielandjazz] "All About Jazz"

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:34:55 -0500

Hi Jerry:

Yes, found the "building a Library" section and it is woefully
deficient. Not exactly sure why it so limited. However, noted the Tips
for building a jazz library on the cheap, article had some good info
about visiting University and Library record collections etc. And also
noticed the catalogs for several jazz record labels are there to be perused.

I think the lack of overt OKOM information points out how this genre is
generally viewed in the USA. (As being insignificant) However there is a
wealth of Jazz information on this site, or available through it. I've
been surfing it for the last 2 hours and am not anywhere near seeing it
all.

Did learn a lesson here too. I have never listed my gigs with the "All
about Jazz" site in the Philadelphia area. Consequently missing a great
opportunity for publicity. Did notice, however, a listing for my band
under the Dover Downs Wine and Jazz Festival (in Delaware) last October.
They must have entered it on their own.

Live and learn.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone